Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pay break-down + gym fees

I get paid again on Thursday, but my pay slip is available online now. This is the first pay where my gym fees have been taken out (I salary sacrifice them) and I was interested to see the impact it would have on my pay.

The gym fees taken out were $19.82 for the fornight. Considering at my last gym my fees were $37.50 a fortnight, that's a big discount already. My tax has also gone down $8 as a result. So essentially, the "cash" cost of my gym fees are $11.82 per fortnight - much cheaper than I originally expected.

In my budget, I had listed my anticipated pay as $1,550, but it will be $1,567. Every little bit extra helps!

1 comment:

jaevst said...

I love being able to salary package - it certainly makes a big difference paying less tax, and getting more money.