Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another month gone

February seemed to zoom by. I know it was a short month, but I also started my new job which I think helped.

Finance wise, I didn't have a good month - I added up all my expenses yesterday and it was terrible! Some were unexpected (like car repairs), some were standard like rent, but I definitely need to cut back on things. Now I'm actually getting paid again I have to make sure I actually stick to a budget.

I think part of the problem is that while I've been keeping track of what I spend, I only add it all up each month. From now on I am going to do it weekly.

Will post updates later today in regards to my expenses/credit cards. I left a credit card bill at work which I need to pick up.

In other news, I have started another blog: Another Diet Blog, which will chronicle my attempts to lose some weight. I have lost some weight this year, but I am still considered overweight by my BMI, and definitely still feel too heavy and too unfit. Hopefully being on a diet will also help me cut back on money I spend on snacks!

1 comment:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I kept track of everything I spent, but I bought a Netbook & a case for it, so.. my total budget for Feb was trashed, as I went over by $60.. $60!!!

In hindsight, that isn't bad considering I had overspent what I had wanted to spend by about $700.. :)

So I really kept under had it not been for my extra spending.

Found you through Louise! :)

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."