Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Depressing times

One of the regular blogs I read is My Open Wallet by Madame X. Recently she posted: "These are difficult days to be blogging about money. There's lots to talk about, as the economy is front and center in the news, but sometimes it just gets depressing." See full post here.

It does seem that everyday there is more bad news about the economy. Yesterday Wall Street hit a 12 year low. Today, Australia's growth figures for the December 2008 quarter were revealed - negative growth of 0.5 percent. This is the first time in 8 years that the economy has had negative growth in a quarter. http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,25138213-462,00.html

It is rather depressing, but as trainer Shannon has said on the Australian version of The Biggest Loser (yes I admit to watching it quite regularly of late!) - control the controllable and let the rest work itself out. (Or something along those lines).

All I can do is keep going to work and try to pay off my debt as fast as possible.

2 comments:

Louise said...

It seems that everyday the news gets worse. what I've noticed where I live is more and more mortgagee sales and homes going up for sale.
I watch biggest loser, makes me feel less guilty about the takeaway I usually munching on at the time :)

Simplelivin' said...

Hi!

It is very depressing these days. I def. agree that trudging through paying off debt is the best one can do right now.

I love Biggest Loser also :-)