Sunday, March 1, 2009

Budget

I think part of my problem in January and February was that I didn't have a budget to stick too. Since I'm now getting paid regularly, that is going to change.

This is my fortnightly budget. Not that as my first pay was for 2 and a half weeks of work, I still don't know precisely what I will get after tax each fortnight. I'm also sacrificing membership fees at the university gym, which will come out of my pre-tax salary.

But basically, my budget each fortnight will be:

Now comes the hard part. Sticking to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you haven't already done so, I recommend that you check out Dave Ramsey's website (www.daveramsey.com) and read about his thoughts on cash flow planning.

I caution you about letting your budget restrict you and I recommend that you use is as a tool to tell you money what to do.

Dave says to spend your paycheck on paper before you get it.

If you are interested I can send you the cash flow planning spreadsheet that I received in my Finacial Peace University class. (email me at theyellowpiggy@gmail.com)