Sunday, March 8, 2009

ELMO!!!

You'll notice I said in my post Weekly Expense Update that I spent $7.99 on clothes. So what did I buy?

ELMO SLIPPER SOCKS!!!

I admit it, I am a big kid at heart, and love anything cute. As I have mentioned (probably a few times), I moved from the Gold Coast to Sydney at the start of the year, and even though when I moved it was insanely hot in Sydney; generally speaking, Sydney has a lot colder weather. I seem to always have cold feet (wear socks to bed even in summer), so I know when winter comes I am going to have cold tootsies. Enter .... the slipper sock.

Thicker than socks but still in the "sock" rather than "shoe" category, when I saw the slipper socks while grocery shopping on Wednesday night I couldn't resist (I'm starting to sound like an infomercial for slipper socks!)

Aren't they cute?

Below are the tags - you will notice the tag shows they are size 9-12; and on the back it says size 9-12 is for children aged 5-8. Yet they are my feet shown in the first photo. I used to think having small feet was cute .... I'm starting to think it's actually a bit weird when I can fit into sock designed for children 20 years younger than me. But hey, it's a lot easier to find cute socks when you are looking at ones designed for children!

1 comment:

The Chief's Chef said...

Hi thanks for your comments on my blogs!

I have insanely large feet I am a men's 10 which is an 11 in ladies shoes. I also have a wide foot which means I really only wear sneakers most of the time even in summer!