Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend spending

I had thought to myself Friday night that I wouldn't need to spend any money over the weekend.

What did I actually end up spending?
Saturday: $96.10 at the chemist.
$66.35 on prescriptions
$12.95 on a pair of gloves
$11.50 on over the counter medicine
$5.30 on a hot water bottle

Sunday: $12.50 at the gas station on groceries.
NEVER BUY GROCERIES AT THE GAS STATION!! My own stupid fault because I couldn't be bothered going to the grocery store.
$5.00 Loaf of bread
$5.00 1.25 Ltr Btle of Diet Coke
$2.50 Chocolate Bar.

If I had been to the grocery store, it probably would have been around $6.00.

On the one hand basically everything I bought I needed:
The prescriptions and chemist medicine - definitely
The gloves and hot water bottle - could have put off but had been thinking of buying for a while.
Groceries - well I should have gone to the grocery shop, but then with the cost of bus fares the savings wouldn't have amounted to much.

But on the other hand - spending close to $110 when I thought I wouldn't be spending anything isn't exactly great!

No comments: