Friday, June 5, 2009

Queen's Birthday Weekend

It is a public holiday here on Monday. It is now Friday 5:34pm so officially the long weekend :)

This week just gone has also been a four day week for me, I took Monday as annual leave and went back home.

Not much planned for this weekend. Tonight I have to iron as I have no clothes in my wardrobe (slight exaggeration, but really all the clothes left in my wardrobe are shorts/t-shirts - it is now officially winter here).

I'm going to see Angels and Demons tomorrow night with my brother and Dad. Last time we went to the movies I used movie money and also bought the popcorn/drinks - so I'm hoping this time my Dad will offer to pay. But it's always weird with him and money, if he does pay (in the sense that he pulls out his wallet first etc), you never know whether to offer to chip in or not. It seems if you do he refuses to take the money, but if you don't he thinks you should have.

Rest of the weekend will be work and study. I'm doing some extra work (marking) (which I have been doing for the past few weeks - it should add up to a nice little extra sum in my pay). And on a positive note - it looks like my comments "Do not use Wikipedia - it is not a scholarly source) has been heard by the students. I'm the first to admit I use Wikipedia sometimes for general knowledge - but not for postgraduate tax assignments!

Final exams are coming up (at least all my assignments are finished), and I have a conference paper to write which I'm starting to slightly panic about. I'm second author, but I'm basically taking the reins.

1 comment:

louise said...

I went and saw angels and demons a few days ago, I think it's better than the Da Vinci Code.
h