Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pay from extra jobs

I mentioned a week or so ago that I had lodged my timesheets for all the extra work I had done. (And this weekend I will be doing some more.)

They have been approved but at least in one case, I think the payment will come through after the end of financial year (Australia has a 1 July - 30 June financial year). Not so concerned about having to wait for the extra salary, but what is annoying is that I know a ton of tax will be taken out, which I will then have to wait another year to get back!

I'm popping back home mid-July - it's my Mum's birthday, my Autn's birthday (they are twins), and my best friend's birthday, all within a couple of days. It will be a quick trip, but I got cheap flights and apart from the various birthdays, I will be able to collect various bits and pieces I need to do my tax. (I still have a lot of stuff stored at my Mum's place).

No comments: