Monday, June 8, 2009

May Expense Update

An approximation of my May expenses are below. So much for saving money this month. May was very expensive! Although just over 33% of that was to purchase my laptop.

I was also terrible at keeping track at my expenses this month. So I don't know how close the below is. Some things are certain (e.g. rent), and I went through all my bank statements/credits cards to catch anything I paid via debit/credit. Cash I basically looked at what I had at the start of the month, what I withdrew from my bank account, and what I had at the end of the month - and figured it was all spent on food and/or entertainment (as basically everything else is paid for via debit or credit).

The important thing though is that I am back on track for June. In the past if I had stopped keeping track during a month I would have just given up all together.

Income for May was $3,465.86
Expenses were: $3,818.71

So I spent more than I earned, but as I mentioned the laptop was a huge expense, and I had saved up money for that.

No comments: