Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Year's Eve! :)

Financial Year Eve that is.

Tomorrow is the 1st of July, start of the 09-10 financial year. Just writing that seems weird - 2010 always seemed like such a long way off (I know there are still six months to go).

I'm going back home in 2 and a half weeks and I'll have to make sure I get all the paperwork I need to do my tax.

I should be due a large refund this year - I co-own a rental property which means deductions (although when you take into account the rental income we get it's actually not much - it's in a popular area so we get good rental returns). However, I also have a lot of educational expenses. I was in a job for half the year where I was on a higher income and they were taking out tax on the basis that I would be on that income for the entire year, then switched to a lower-paying job; and had 6 weeks without work.

So overall I'm hoping to be able to pay a large chunck of debt off once I get a refund.

Doing more overtime this week, so will be looking forward to my next couple of pay cheques.

1 comment:

DINKS said...

coolness! love hearing about other's financial years and what their plans are :)