Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day is getting worse

Well after neglecting my blog for a bit I'm posting up a storm. Of course, most of it is rants!!

I mentioned the Dylan Moran concert tonight in an earlier post. Well, my brother just called and said he can't go because of a work event. I'm p*ssed off, because I bought the tickets a while ago, and he did mention about a month ago that a work event had changed dates and was now on the same night of the concert, but he was not going to go to the work event.

It annoys me, because he's the type of person who when I said what was happening with my study expenses and work, he said, "just demand they pay for it or you will quit". And I'm doing a lecture this week which I'm not getting paid extra for because it's in work hours, even though it's outside my job description, and he said "that's not your job, demand you get paid extra". Yet with something like this, he told work he had a pre-existing engagement (after all, it was his work that changed the date), and now he's turned around, the day of the concert and said to me, "comments were made that I wasn't going and I'm expected to go".

Now I'm the first person to put work ahead of all else. (I'm not saying that's a good thing, and probably do it less now, but in my old job, work was my life). If I had plans and then something came up at work, work would come first. But everyone of my friends and family knew this about me. (Once again, not saying it's a good thing, I certainly neglected friends). But my brother is such a hypocrite. He is so gung-ho about "demanding" this and "demanding" that, and at the end of the day he's as bad as me!!

No comments: