Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good things come in threes....

I know the saying is that bad things come in threes, but I'm trying to be positive and saying that good things come in threes.

My two good things so far:
1) Payday!!!! *doing a little happy dance here* - I usually wouldn't be so exciting but this is the first pay I'm gotten in almost 2 months. Because of when I started, I actually got paid for 2 and a half weeks rather than the standard 2, meaning my pay (this time!) is quite a bit more than I was budgeting. (About $400 more). That will be set aside for car repairs.
2) I had a no spend day yesterday. I know this isn't a big achievement, but they seem to be few and far between for me ... hopefully they will start becoming more frequent.

I'm hoping that the 3rd good thing is my car. A mechanic is coming to look at it this afternoon, and I'm hoping it isn't as bad as I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way on payday. It would be even better if there was a little more pay in a little less day. hehe!

KB said...

I always joke if I could only get paid every week what I get paid every fortnight. At least I don't get paid monthly - I think by the end of the month I would be living on 2-minute noodles!

QUALITY STOCKS UNDER FIVE DOLLARS said...

Great news sounds nice.