Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ski trip

Finally got paid for all my overtime I did a while ago in this week's pay. Once again, the tax they took out was ridiculous. I earnt an extra $1,009, and of that $444 tax was taken out. Meaning "cash in hand" I received an extra $565. $440 of that went to pay for my ski trip I had previously mentioned. I'm not regretting agreeing to go, because as I've mentioned I've never seen snow, and have the opportunity to go with a good friend. Considering most of my friends are in long-term relationships and/or married and/or have kids, I wouldn't usually have the chnace to go on a holiday with just a girl friend. But still - there was more than a moment of guilt as I was sending the payment off.



I think I will put the remaining $125 from my extra pay up towards the holiday - I need to get from Sydney to Canberra (which I will do by coach - about 3 and a half hours each way) for $20 each way. Food/accommodation is all included in the trip, and I have bought some ski gear quite cheaply off ebay, so although I will need to hire skis, I won't need to hire any other gear. So I don't really have any other "expected" expenses, but I'm sure there will be a couple of things popping up - e.g. spending a night in Canberra with my friend before we go, as she is letting me stay with her free of charge, I will pay for us to go out to dinner; things like that.



In good news, I worked an extra 32 hours over the weekend and last week before I got sick (probably explains why I got sick, I was working until about midnight every night and still working my regular job) for another university which I should get paid for next week.

No comments: