Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hairdressers

I've booked a hair dresser's appointment for the weekend.

I'm just getting a cut, so it shouldn't be too expensive, but I haven't been to the hairdressers in over a year. I have long hair which basically lives in a pony tail, so have just been letting it grow. But it is getting a bit ratty, and I have a conference I'm presenting a paper at next week (on Asian Double Tax Agreements - such an exciting topic (although sadly I actually find it very interesting!)), so need to look respectable; and having been sick I need a bit of cheering up. I always feel better after going to the hairdressers or beautician - not too sure if it's because I look better, or because of the pampering aspect.

A problem with hairdressers though (money wise) is even if you go in for "just a cut", they always try to convince you to buy treatments and their products. I actually did buy a shampoo recommended by my last hairdresser once - I loved it, best one I've ever used for my hair (I have very oily hair), but it was $30 for a bottle about half the size of the brand I buy at the supermarket for $4. Yes, it was good - but not that good!

No comments: