Friday, April 3, 2009

Weekend/updates

I still haven't updated my figures for March. Tuesday night I have lectures, Wednesday night my internet was playing up, and last night I worked late and then was busy doing housework etc so didn't get a chance. Will try to update tonight.

I'm going away for the weekend, back to Queensland. It's probably not a good time to go. One, the weather has been awful up there, but I've been feeling homesick of late, so on the one hand it will be great to see family and friends, but on the other hand, I quite likely to not want to come back Monday morning!

My plans for the weekend are:

Saturday
Leave insanely early tomorrow morning. Catching a bus to the aiport and I already have a bus pass so won't cost be anything.
Get the airtrain from the airport to home: think that is a bit less than $20
Meet a friend for coffee/brunch/chat: less than $15 even if I get food
Tomorrow night hopefully go to another friend's for BBQ, she has just bought a house so can't wait to see it. Depends on the weather though. I will take some drinks which I will need to buy: $15?

Sunday
Meet friend for breakfast: $20
Dinner in Brisbane with people from my old work: Train: $10/Dinner: $50 (I'm allowing a fair bit for dinner as I expect there will be some cocktails involved!)
Staying with a friend Sunday night.

Monday
Taxi to airport: $30? (Honestly don't know how much it will be from my friend's place. I should see if I can get public transport).
Hopefully bus back to work on Monday morning from Sydney airport which will be free (well - already paid for bus pass!)

All that comes to $160. I'm going to try to keep it under $150. Much more expensive weekend than usual. However I haven't seen these friends for 3 months so would prefer to spend the money seeing them than wasting it on something else!

No comments: