Monday, April 6, 2009

Transport costs

Back from my weekend back home. It was great to catch up with people, although feeling tired now. I flew back this morning and came straight to work.

I love that airlines such as Virgin Blue & Jetstar have cheap fares, my flights this time from Sydney to Brisbane were $55 each way. However ... my taxi and train fares associated with my trip were more than the flights themselves!

Taxi fare to Sydney airport: $17 (I should have stuck to my plan of getting the bus)
Air train from Brisbane airport to Gold Coast: $22.60
Train from Gold Coast to Brisbane City: $7
Taxi from friend's place in Taringa (Brisbane) to Brisbane airport: $50!!! (I was shocked it was this much, but with the time my flight left this morning I couldn't get public transport and get to the airport in time)
Taxi from Sydney airport to work: $30

Total taxi fares: $97
Total train fares: $29.60

So the cost of my flights (travelling around 2,000km): $110
Cost of taxis and trains (travelling less than 250km): $126.60

Anyone else think that is a bit odd?

2 comments:

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

Trains and taxis can kill you. It is sometimes smarter just to rent a car.

KB said...

If ever I get to the West Coast of the US I will rent one .... I have to drive on Route 66! (Of course I will have to get used to driving on the "right" side of the road!)